- How to observe:
- Listen on BBC Radio 5 dwell and BBC native radio; textual content commentary on the BBC Sport web site
Liverpool striker Roberto Firmino needs to make Porto “suffer” of their Champions League last-16 first-leg tie.
Wednesday’s sport on the Estadio do Dragao might be Liverpool’s first match within the knockout levels of the competitors since 2008-09.
They topped their group scoring 23 objectives, a report for an English membership and a complete surpassed solely by Paris St-Germain’s tally of 25.
Reds goalkeeper Loris Karius will preserve his place forward of Simon Mignolet,
“I don’t know if Porto are going to be afraid but we are going to make their life difficult and make them suffer,” stated Firmino, who has scored 20 objectives in all competitions, together with six within the Champions League.
Midfielder Emre Can is suspended for the tie, defender Joe Gomez has travelled with the squad after lacking the final two matches with a knee harm whereas £75m report-signing Virgil van Dijk is ready for his first look within the competitors for the membership.
Klopp insists his facet can compete with the continent’s elite, having crushed “Europe’s strongest football team” Manchester City four-three within the Premier League in January.
“I know it already, we can compete with them, I don’t have to look at them, “Klopp added.
“Now we have to show that we are not only part of the competition, we are quite ambitious. That is how it is and we have to take it seriously.”
- Liverpool are unbeaten towards Porto, having performed them 4 instances in all competitions (Won two, drawn two). Their two encounters in Portugal each resulted in attracts.
- Their solely earlier encounter within the knockout levels of a European competitors was in 2000-01 within the UEFA Cup quarter-finals. Liverpool received 2-zero on combination and went on to elevate the trophy later that season.
- Porto have misplaced their final three Champions League knockout video games.
- Porto have reached the knockout levels of the Champions League in consecutive seasons for the primary time since 2009/10. They have not progressed previous the quarter-finals since they lifted the trophy in 2004.
- Liverpool had been one in all 4 groups to stay unbeaten on this season’s Champions League group levels, alongside Barcelona, Besiktas and Tottenham.
- Porto scored extra objectives from set-piece (eight) than some other group on this season’s Champions League group levels.
- Only PSG’s Parc des Princes stadium (16) produced extra objectives than Porto’s Dragao (15) on this season’s Champions League group levels.
- Porto’s Vincent Aboubakar has scored 5 objectives and delivered two assists on this season’s Champions League – probably the most prolific marketing campaign of his profession.